Since Kickstarter ended, many people have been asking…”what’s next for The Mix House?…what are you guys up to?”…and well…that’s a great question! Please don’t take our silence on social media as a bad sign by any means. In fact, if we’re silent, it means we are very hard at work! Here are some things we’ve been working on lately:
- Meeting with Blanchard’s Coffee about getting our roasted coffee beans from them! We LOVE Blanchard’s and you can read all about our visit with them in Monday’s blog post.
- Working on getting into the Bowling Green Farmer’s Market! We are so excited about this and you should hopefully see us there soon – stay tuned for more information.
- Putting together your Kickstarter Rewards! If you backed us during our Kickstarter campaign then we want to thank you with a reward. Make sure you’ve filled out your survey so that we send the right things to the right address! If you didn’t receive a survey and think you should have, please click the contact us button at the top and let us know!
- Remodeling the trailer! While the trailer or mobile bar if you will, came with a lot of equipment we needed, there were certain things which weren’t up to local health code standards. We’ve been working hard on getting all of that figured out as well as setting the layout up for what’s functional for us. We can’t wait to be in there slinging drinks all day!
- In-home bakery permit. This is a HUGE undertaking. We’ve submitted our paperwork and are now just waiting, waiting, waiting. But, eventually we will have to do an in home health inspection so we can bake you all of our favorite recipes!!!
- Team Meetings! We love team meetings! We get lots of work done, but we have fun doing so! Some meetings are more productive than others, but we make it a point to meet at least once a week – sometimes in person and sometimes through Skype. We catch up on what’s been done and talk about what needs to be done next.
Those are just some of the highlights of what’s been going on! In between each of those you could write “check bank account for kickstarter funds”! We still have a few more days until we are supposed to see them, but its fun to keep looking. We’ve been working on lots of boring stuff too, like health code approvals, in home bakery inspections, filling out paperwork for licenses and permits, etc. – and though boring, it’s very important!
All of this of course is being done late into the evenings, early mornings before work, and during our lunch breaks! It’s hard to work a full-time day job and come home to a full-time dream job, but so far it’s been worth it! Every single moment! We can’t wait to see what’s to come!
In the meantime, keep mixing!